Melbourne’s newest event destination has opened its doors for the first time, unveiling a 1700sqm centre in the city’s north-west. The Australian Events Centre is the first phase of a $70 million infrastructure investment in business events at the new Essendon Fields complex.
“Whether it’s an exhibition, conference or dinner –The Australian Events Centre is such a versatile space, you can do almost anything,” says one of the country’s leading event organisers, Peter Jones of Peter Jones Special Events.
- Purpose built, dedicated event centre past part of the $70 million Essendon Fields complex
- 1700sqm of space, can cater for 1300+ guests
- Column free, large pre function areas, porte corche area
- Green room
- Three Oak Pavilion – covered outdoor pavilion with landscaped surrounds
- State-of-the-art lighting, sound and broadcast facilities
- Vast onsite parking
- 15 minutes from Melbourne CBD, ready access to Essendon and Tullamarine Airports
- ‘Mr McCracken’ bar & dining complex now open
- Australia’s first Hyatt Place Hotel (166 rooms) now open