With over 850 Tourism industry professionals in Hall AB, the excitement was palpable for the Queensland Tourism Industry Council’s annual awards at Royal International Convention Centre (Royal ICC). The stage featured an 18.3m Blend screen utilising two 20k Christie projectors. Between award presentations, guests were interviewed from the floor and highlights of the year were sent live to screen from HD cameras.
The entertainment for the evening was a sneak peek from the 75 cast members of Richard O’Brien’s Rocky Horror Picture Show ahead of their performance at Queensland Performing Art Centre (QPAC). The ceiling mounted lighting grid even played a part in the performance as the team at Microhire lowered it to 6m to add to the excitement of one of the show’s hits “Time Warp”.
Royal ICC will play host to the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards on 28 November. For more information or to book tickets please visit http://www.queenslandtourismawards.com.au/
- Live broadcast to ABC (Nationally)
- 18.3m Blend Screen
- 2 x 20K HD Christie Projectors
- Encore Blend Switch
- ABC outside Broadcast
- Broadcast live to ABC nationally and iView online
- RF Camera’s and Steady Cam
- Entertainment audio package
- Live performance by Megan Washington
- Entertainment lighting package
- Stage wash was set to replicate TV Studio quality
- Gobo Effects on side walls matched the event invitation
- Camera’s rigged to ceiling Grid for wide room shots
- Tivoli Stairs
- Perspex Lectern
The client was ecstatic and the event was an outstanding success.