Movember contracted Microhire to provide all technical and creative requirements for Mo Galas their renowned exhibitions of nature’s finest bounty: the moustache. The event is held annually to mark the end of Moustache Season and to thank Mo Bros and Mo Sistas for their collective fundraising and awareness efforts. This year the event was held at Festival Hall for over 2000 guests.
Microhire were responsible for:
- Technical and Creative Production management of the event 20m wide screen projection
- Audio for the speeches, presentations and performers including DJ
- Creative room design incorporating multiple intelligent light sources creating a fully choreographed light show.
The event is the showcase of Movember and the challenge was to deliver a memorable night that enhanced their brand and gave them an opportunity to recognise not only outstanding financial contributions but also some magnificent moustaches. It was an important close to the Movember celebrations in Melbourne and with such a vast open space, the event could have consumed a large budget. With planning and use of Microhire’s large inventory of lights and projectors the event came in on budget and with a greater result than expected. This was achieve by using:
- Blend technology on the enormous 20m wide screen. The screen was used as a huge billboard to recognise the sponsors, for the awards presentation, projecting images that complimented the theme and for colour, movement and pattern effects
- We also designed a memorable lighting show using intelligent lights to create mood lighting and to change the look and atmosphere of the venue at various stages throughout the evening
Despite these challenges the show was on budget and on time and an outstanding success.