The first corporate event held in Melbourne & Olympic Parks newly developed Margaret Court Arena; this event was a 30 year celebration for the Committee for Melbourne. The concept was for an event with style, opulence and grandeur befitting this special occasion.
Working closely with Peter Jones Special Events and Melbourne & Olympic Park, the project team was challenged to deliver on the technical expectations of the Committee for Melbourne and their guests for this prestigious event. Importantly, it was the first gala dinner to be held on the new arena surface.
Our challenges included:
- Coordinating access and production scheduling for all technical services
- Designing a lighting show using the arena fixtures and features to enrich the overall space
- Rigging design and coordination
- Arena sound for the various entertainers’ performances and speeches
- Allow for seamless catering access
Technical production for the delivery of the event, working closely with Peter Jones Special Events, catering, venue operations, security and function services. Microhire was responsible for:
- Widescreen projection
- Stage design, including draping
- Audio, including a full back-up system
- Talk back and event communications
- 7x Show operators
- 2x Cameras and operators
- Technical staff for set-up and pack-down
The feedback we have received has been overwhelming and extremely positive in appreciation of the evening – with special mention going to the screen; I think it may have stolen the show!
– Kate Roffey, CEO