Microhire worked in conjunction with The Walkley Awards and ABC as the live broadcaster to deliver the technical requirements for The 2013 Walkley Awards, the prestigious annual awards event recognising excellence in Australian journalism. Extensive pre-production work was required in liaison with the ABC, including working with the ABC lighting designer on required fixtures and placement for live broadcast, and with their broadcast team to ensure the OB van requirements were delivered, the floorplan was designed around allowing for roving cameras, a fixed camera on an elevated work platform, and a camera on boom.
Pre on-air checks and a full rehearsal the day prior were factored in.
- 2 x Christie HD 20K projector blend on 60’ blend screen.
- Ascender Vision Mixer, Camera mix & record.
- Flown Nexo PA System.
- Lighting design using 60 Robe intelligent moving lights and 70 static lighting fixtures.
- 70 table pinspots, requirements for live broadcast including vision and audio feeds and conventional lighting fixtures with specific gels.
- Tivoli stairs for main entry point on stage.
- All rigging & draping.
All set up & packdown labour.
8 x show operators including a Technical Director, Vision, Graphics, Audio, Lighting, Followspot and Stage Hand, all working in conjunction with the ABC show caller, stage manager, and live broadcast team.