To provide world class sound, lighting, vision and technical services for the seven days of graduation ceremonies.
- All technical production including design.
- Technical services including set-up, rehearsal, operate and pack-down labour for the seven days of presentations.
- Vision mixing from multiple cameras, video playback and multi-media displayed by ten LED walls and LCD display screens and vision foldback on-stage.
- Lighting of the on stage ceremonies, specifically designed to compliment and offset the constantly changing natural lighting conditions.
- All sound for the presentations, brass band, choir and ceremonies.
The Royal Exhibition Building is one of the worlds oldest remaining exhibition pavillions. A beautiful and unique shaped building with brilliant natural light.
For our event staging concept we wanted to have minimal impact on the décor, architecture and building features. With the presentation stage being central to the three halls our design was focused on audience site lines, images of the stage and an audio system of the highest quality so the audience could clearly see and hear the presentations.
Previously drapes had been used as the presentation and stage backdrop. To enhance the presentation stage we designed a branded stage backdrop using LED technology.
To achieve this result two large LED screens (5×2.5m) were floor mounted from a free standing truss frame positioned either side of the stage specifically for the larger longer halls and hung additional delay screens from truss to cater for the audience at the rear of the halls. For the centre hall we hung two additional LED walls.
The large floor mounted LED screens need to be positioned on a small footprint so as not to impinge the many egress zones and the rigged screens weight needed to be spread over a number of rigging points due the rigging point loads.
The successful execution of ten ceremonies of up to 3,000 people each held over seven days.