Haileybury 120th Anniversary Gala
Client: Haileybury College
Date: 19th May 2012
Good Productions’ contracted Microhire to provide all technical and creative for Haileybury Colleges 120th Anniversary Gala Dinner at the National Gallery of Victoria’s Great Hall. Having first opened their doors to 17 pupils in 1882 the college now has over 3000 students located at 3 campuses in Melbourne.
Microhire were responsible for:
- Technical and Creative Production management of the event
- Large screen projection for the presentations
- Audio for the speeches, presentations and performers
- All creative design elements
- Table decor including custom centre pieces, linen, chair decor
- Gallery space in Federation Court with custom lighting and imagery projected on the walls
- Lighting design using Intelligent lighting for colour, movement and pattern throughout the event
The gala dinner was for 650 people and involved a tight budget for such a large space, multi-day rehearsals, complicated staging and lighting and all set within challenging time restraints.
The main factor was the limited time frame to set the event up due to being in a public space at the NGVI. Microhire choreographed the evening’s performances with the highlight being massed pipers utilising the Juliet
balcony’s high above the Great Hall.
The key for the night was to execute a seamless event that complimented the college’s brand and delivered a great guest experience.
Despite these challenges the event was on time and budget and an outstanding success.
“Michael Davey and Rohan Wilson are assets to your organisation and are part of the reason I look forward to doing business with Microhire in the future.
If the quality of a company’s employee’s is an indication of future success then Microhire has a bright future.”
MARISSA GOOD Event Co-ordinator | Good Products Pty Ltd